Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spider Screams

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9


There's nothing like hearing one of your children let off a blood curdling scream to give your heart a jump start.  This has happened to me recently as a matter of fact.  Alyssa does not like spiders. And when I say she does not like spiders, I really mean she does NOT like spiders.

I hate to break it to her, but she's going to face a lot bigger things in life.  It could be conflicts, God's calling on her life, new jobs or experiences, or becoming a spouse or a parent.  They all could cause great alarm or fear.

My hope is that she remembers that God is with her.  Three times in the first chapter of Joshua, God says "be strong and courageous".   I'm guessing if God keeps saying it, that it's something that He really wants us to take hold of.

Joshua 1:6...Be strong and courageous...I will lead you.
Joshua 1:7...Be strong and courageous...Obey and I will give you success.
Joshua 1:8...Be strong and courageous...I am with you.

Oh, precious Jesus, help Alyssa and Kyle to be strong and courageous!

Guess what? I'm going to have to remember this lesson the next time I see a mouse.
That's when mom lets off her own blood curdling scream!

Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle will always be strong and courageous. I pray that they will not be terrified; nor be discouraged, for the you will be with them wherever they go.  Mark their days with your strength, peace and hope.  Alyssa and Kyle can do all things through you who gives them strength!  Remove from them the spirit of timidity, and fill them with a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline.  As they fix their eyes on you, dear Jesus, may be know you are always with them, and they have nothing to fear.

No comments: