Friday, October 8, 2010

Mind Your Manners

"When you go out to dinner with an influential person, mind your manners: Don't gobble your food, don't talk with your mouth full. And don't stuff yourself; bridle your appetite."  Proverbs 23:1(The Message)


Kyle...2007

Just the other day I caught Kyle going for a quick swig of Sunny Delight, right out of the bottle, and I cried out in disgust and reprimand.  He responded by "Why?" 

"Because it's not good manners" I retort. 

And his response made me laugh.

"Well who said we have to use our manners all the time?"

I guess I haven't taught my little man to be a little gentleman.  By golly, this mom still has work to do! 

Watch out, my son.  Here I come!

Lord, give me wisdom in parenting Alyssa and Kyle.  It's not long until they will leave home, and there is so much they need to know.  Help them to mind their manners, and remember the things that I  have taught them.  I pray that they refrain from greed and gluttony, excel in using "please" and "thank you", and always speak with words that would be pleasing to you.  May they from talking with their mouths full of food, but live with mouths full of praise, encouragement, and thanksgiving.  Lord, I will not always be with Alyssa and Kyle, but I pray that they will remember the things that they have been taught.  Please...

No comments: