Monday, October 11, 2010

Daily Prayer


"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
       he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
       I will call on him as long as I live.
--Psalm 116:1-2

I wish praying came to me as naturally as breathing air.  In and out, without concentrated effort.  Instead prayer has been a discipline to be practiced in my life. 

I believe that there is one good thing about this?  God loves when my heart chooses deliberately, and with purposeful decision, to talk to Him.  Oh how I want to come to Him more than daily.  I want to come to Him moment by moment, and with each breath I take.

My prayer is that my kids find prayer a beautiful discipline in their life, and choose to call on Him as long as they live!

Lord, I love you, for you hear my voice; and you heard my cry for mercy.  Because you turn your ear to me, I will call on you as long as I live.  Oh, how I long that the same will be true in Alyssa and Kyle's life as well.  I pray, dear Jesus, that they fall in love with speaking to you about their days, their cares and concerns, and their hopes and dreams.  I hope that they learn to recognize your still small voice, and hear your whisper in their ears.  Lord, you are their refuge and shelter, and an ever-present help in trouble.  May they find this to be an absolute truth and something to live by, as they come to you in prayer.  Thank you, Father, for talking to your children.


No comments: