Thursday, October 21, 2010

Remembering the Barney Days

"We love because he first loved us."  1 John 4:19

Alyssa...1995...Snoozing

Alyssa loved Barney.  From the age of 6 months on, she loved hanging out in her bouncy chair (shown in the picture above) while watching the big purple dinosaur.  She'd be so attentive and still for the full 30 minutes.  Sometimes that was the one moment in the day I could count on a quiet moment.  Though Barney was an annoying creature, I was willing to put up with him because of Alyssa's attraction. 

At the end of the show they always sang "The Barney Song". 


 I love you,
You love me,
We're a happy family,
with a great big hug,
and a kiss from me to you,
Won't you say you love me TOO!


As the kids grew older I'd often come up to them and start singing that song, and they'd yell "MMooooomm" in disgust.  But I have to say, I loved the words...and I meant them!

Today, I'm praying my kids KNOW how much I love them!

Oh Lord, how I love Alyssa and Kyle.  My prayer is that I can love them in ways that they know with all their heart that they are loved.  I pray that they easily pass-by my failures, and forgive my mistakes, but remember the many ways I tried to show them that I love them.  Lord, show us as parents, how to love Alyssa and Kyle each individually in the ways they need to be loved. Nudge us, dear Jesus, when we need to be more aware of how they are feeling, and when special acts of love are needed.  May we always reflect you, Lord, and have your love flowing through us. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog