Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Fixer-Upper

"Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."  Isaiah 58:12


Kyle's got a big project going right now, as you can see from the picture above.  He has taken his bike a part and is repainting it.  Today he has hopes of putting it all back together.  I wonder if he'll have any extra parts left over.  Shhhhh....don't tell him I said that.  Ha!  I'll have to post a picture of the finished product.

I love the fact that we have a God who can take all of the "pieces" of our life, and put them back together in perfect fashion. When we have relationships that are shattered, He can rebuild them.  When our dreams seem tattered by life, He can make them new.  Anything broken, God is the one to go to.  He is our Almighty Fixer-Upper. 

He is our "Repairer of Broken Walls and the Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."

I pray that God is the one my kids always choose to go to when they feel that parts of their life are in pieces

And today?  Let's see how Kyle does at putting his bike back together.

Precious Father, how I rejoice that You alone are the Repairer of Broken Walls and the Restorer of Streets.  Thank you for being the one who rebuilds the ancient ruins.  Lord, I pray that my kids open the door for you to come into their lives when they are experiencing brokenness and pain.  May they look to you for healing, hope, peace, and even comfort when the pieces of their life feels in shambles.  You, Lord, make beautiful things out of the pieces of our lives when we put our trust and hope in you. I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know this full well.
 

No comments: