Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Papa Jesus, Protect Them

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."  Psalm 25:21

 Mother's Day...2009

I've been a stay-at-home mom since the day I became a mother over 16 years ago.  I've loved being there when my kids get home from school, and getting to hear about their day, help them on their homework (in the "old" days anyway), and watch over them to make sure they are doing what they should be doing.  Sometimes the job description even included keeping them from "killing" each other. 

Well, for three weeks this month, I am a workin' woman.  And for three weeks, my kids are coming home after school and needing to fend for themselves.  I know that they are capable, and don't really "need" me any more to get their afternoon snack, or help them with their homework, but still it's hard for me to not be there when they are home.

I am praying that they make wise choices while I am not within sight or ear-shot.  When they are on the computer, dealing with one another, or needing to do their homework or chores, I hope that they practice what I've taught them and think about what's really the right thing to do. 

They will only be home a few hours without me each day, but I still pray for their protection....physically, spiritually, and emotionally.  I know that God is watching over them when I can't.

Oh, and I also pray that they miss their mom!

Lord, may integrity and uprightness protect Alyssa and Kyle, because their hope is in you.  May you keep watch over them while we are away from one another.  I pray that you keep a close watch on all of their paths.  I trust you, Lord, with all my heart and will leave all my worries in your hands.  For you are God, and I give you all the praise and thanks.

No comments: