Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Words of Healing

 

Today's verse:  "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 43:18-19

Yesterday a friend said "I'm sorry".  I didn't really know how much I needed to hear those words, or how healing they would be to my heart.  The hurt was from long ago, yet I realized that it can never be too late to hear (or say) the words.

I'm thankful today that God made a way for such healing.  It could be the beginning of a "new thing".

Lord, the words "I'm sorry" are so powerful, yet so often I find myself struggling to say those words.  Help those words to flow easily from my mouth...to you, to my family, and to anyone I may have hurt.  Thank you, Lord, that you help me "forget the former things" and not dwell on the past.  I am excited to see You doing a "new thing" in my life.  Continue to impress on me the need for forgiveness and humility in my relationships.  What rich lessons that my children will need to learn as well.  Help them, Lord, be  free with their apologies and forgiveness.  Though the lessons are not always fun, they always have the opportunity to make us stronger, more beautiful sons and daughters of You.  Thank you, Lord, for the gift of healing and making new.

No comments: