Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Talents and GIfts

Today's verse:  "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands."  Psalm 138:8

I love watching my kids show signs of their passions and talents.  I don't know where God will lead them, and how He will use their gifts and talents, but I'm proud of who they are becoming.  God's got something big planned for them!

I'm thankful for my daughter's gift of photography.  I love seeing the world through her eyes, and I stand in awe of what comes out of camera!






















And I love my son's ability to handle any kind of sport, with grace and agility!  I always say he takes after me...not!




I'm thankful for my children, and the beautiful ways God has created them.  Each different in their own way.  Each reflecting God's hand in their life.

Who knows what the future holds for their lives, but I do know that God will not abandon the work of His hands!


Lord, you have gifted my children in beautiful ways, and I love watching their talents and abilities unfold as they grow.  Thank you for making each one of them in beautiful ways, each reflecting your wonderful, creative hand.  Continue, Lord, to be on the move in their lives, molding and making them into who you want them to be.  Help them to recognize how they can use the gifts and talents you've given them to bless others, and glorify you.  I pray that they magnify you in all that they do!  Lord, fulfill your purpose in my children's lives.  Oh, how I can't wait to see your plan for them unfold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also watch God's hand on their lives and watch in amazement at his faithfulness---because I remember praying this for their mother also. God is greater than we can imagine. And his mercies are new every morning.

love,
mom