Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rest on Me

 
Seattle 2009
Today's verse:  "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord."  Isaiah 11:2 

Some days to pray for my children, means praying for me as their mom.  As a mother, I have many days where I feel like I have no where near the amount of wisdom I need to parent my teenagers.  Each day there are new and different things to work through, always leading me to depend on my Savior for guidance.  I long to be the best mom I can be, but I know that I can't do it without Him. 

So today, I'm praying for me!

Lord, you have blessed me with two beautiful children, and my heart thanks you in big ways.  Yet, at times I feel so inadequate as their mother.  You've said in your Word that you'd never give me more than I could handle, but at times parenting feels like a job that requires more wisdom, strength, and patience than I can muster.  Only with You by my side, can I be the mother my children need.  Lord, please fill me with everything I need to parent my children.  Fill me with your wisdom each day, refuel my energy and strength, and mark my life with your peace and patience.  Lord, may I reflect you to my children, and help lead them into a living and active relationship with you.  I pray that you fill me with the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.  Holy Spirit, please rest on me!

No comments: