Saturday, February 20, 2010

God's Gold Medal

Today's verse:  "Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory."  Ephesians 1:13-14

I have committed my Saturdays to praying for my children's sweet salvation.  Of all the things that I am praying for, in regards to my chidren's lives, this is the greatest.

We've spent many hours over the last week watching the Winter Olympics.  My favorite moments are the ones where an Olympian has discovered they have won the gold medal.  What a feeling of exhilaration that must be.  My next favorite moment is when the winners are on the podium and are given their precious prize. 

It kind of reminds me of the verse in Ephesians 1 (listed above), where Paul writes about the moment where one believes in God, and they are marked with a seal, which is the Holy Spirit.  Can you just picture it being like that of us bending over and God placing over our head the gift of the Spirit?  It marking us as winners, forever and ever, and as believers in Him.  The Holy Spirit is a deposit guaranteeing our relationship with Him.  Our life is so much richer with the presence of the Holy Spirit, which guides us, teaches us, provides power, and enlightens God's Word for us.

Kyle has won many trophies as he has played baseball, and they each remind him of a winning moment in his life.  The only thing is, they sit around and collect dust.  Oh joy!  Sure, they remind him a moment of pride and joy, but they will never change his life in the way that the Holy Spirit can.  So, I'll keep praying that he runs his race well, by accepting Christ as his Savior, and win the greatest prize of all!

Lord, having believed, we are marked in you with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are your possession—to the praise of his glory.  I pray, dear Jesus, that my children will believe in you with all their heart, mind and soul, living in the fullness of your presence in their lives.  I pray that they will be the winners of your precious Holy Spirit, which is one of the greatest gifts of all.  May my children call on your name, and take great delight in you, Lord!  Robe them with your salvation, righteousness, grace and love.  Oh what a day of rejoicing that will be!

No comments: