Saturday, February 13, 2010

Looking Like Your Father

 
My babies...1997

Today's verse:  "But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God."  John 1:12

I love my babies...and though they are now almost 16 and 13, they will forever be my pride and joy.  I'm not sure how much they appreciate it, but they each resemble their parents in little ways. 

When talking about his athletic ability, I always tell Kyle that he takes after me (not true, but it always gets a laugh!).
Others often say Alyssa and I have look a lot alike...in the eyes, and maybe the smile.
Kyle has his dad's sense of humor...of course, now that I think about it, so does Alyssa.
Alyssa has her dad's brains and a memory that I cannot compete with.
And of course, I think both kids have Ken's toes.  Poor things.
The each have inherited their parent's poor eye-sight.
And took after their parents childhood shyness.

They are their parent's children.  Sorry kids, you will always have your parent's genes.

However, more importantly my children are truly God's children.  As they choose to accept and believe in Him, they will inherit all that comes with being a child of their Heavenly Father. They will begin to take on His character and beauty, and enjoy the rich reward of His salvation.  Oh, what a rich heritage!

I'm so glad that they have a chance to look more like their Father, than me!

Lord, you are my Father and I am your daughter.  The most indescribable gift, for sure.  I thank you for the beautiful children you have blessed me with.  Every day I am amazed at how you've wonderfully created them, each with a uniqueness all their own.  Thank you for their gifts and talents, and for the ways I see them reflecting you, as their Father.  Lord, to all who believe in you, and accept you, you have given the right to become your child.  You offer an inheritance that can't be beat!  I pray that my children accept your presence in their lives, and live every day reflecting their true parentage.  You are our wonderful Father.  May we each look more like you!

No comments: