Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God in 3-D

Today's verse:  "The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes."  Psalm 19:8

I remember the awe that came across my kid's faces the first time I took them to a 3-D movie.  If I remember right, it was "Spy Kids 3-D".  Oh the awe when they put those funky glasses on, and all of a sudden objects began to appear in front of their faces.  Those glasses brought the movie to life in a way that they'd never experienced before. 

I want God's Word to bring awe just like that, and change the way they look at the Lord.  I think that when they spend time reading, studying, and pondering His Word, God will come to life in a tremendously beautiful way, and He will suddenly "pop" in front of their faces...so close that they can just reach out and touch Him.

Don't let your Bible be dust collectors, dear children, because it holds a gift that will bring joy to your hearts!

Lord, your Word is so precious to me, and I want my children to experience such joy when they open it's pages as well.  Your Word is living and active and can change their lives in amazing ways.  Help the words become alive to them each time they read your Word, bringing understanding, hope, and a deep abiding love for You.  Help them to hear you speak personally every time they come to your Word.  Lord, your Word will bring joy to their heart, and light to their eyes.  May my children fall in love with your Word, and have a lifelong relationship of studying it, pondering the pages, and living in the hope that they find there.  You speak in beautiful ways to your children, Lord, and the Bible is just one of those ways.  May it become my children's greatest treasure!

No comments: