Friday, February 12, 2010

Believing God

 

Today's verse:  "For nothing is impossible with God."  Luke 1:37

Last night Kyle was at the end of his rope and feeling a little stressed about things.  Basketball, baseball, school, heading out of town this weekend, and a pulled muscle on top of everything else.  Even after a few hugs, and an encouraging pep talk, he still felt unsettled.  Moments later I notice he had written on his Facebook status "Luke 1:37"..."For nothing is impossible with God."  I think he must have had a moment where he turned to God for the strength he so needed!

Oh, what a beautiful sight for this mother to see!

Today I'm rejoicing because... 
It shows his belief in our amazing God.
It shows his trust that God will help him through hard times.
It shows he knows Scripture, and believes that it holds truth.
It shows he is not ashamed of his love for God, and is willing to tell his friends.
  
"For nothing is impossible with God."

Lord, what a beautiful reminder of your presence in my family's life, and of the things you are teaching my children.  I thank you, Lord, that you have a hold on my children's lives, and you're not going to let go.  I know that you will continue to pursue the, teach them, lead them, and love them in amazing ways.  Thank you for the promise that nothing is impossible with you, and that it is imprinted on my child's heart.  I know that each of my children will experience hard days in their lives, but I pray that they will always believe that with you by their side, they can handle everything, do anything, and live life in confidence because you are with them.  Oh to know that my children are growing in their faith, and not ashamed to tell the world that they love you!  Today, I am rejoicing in a big way! 

No comments: