Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday: He is God

Today's verse: "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17

Today, I am thankful for this fact. I am thankful that He is God, and I am not. I am thankful that, in Him all things hold together.
  • My husband and I celebrated 20 years of marriage this summer.
In Him all things hold together.
  • We are a family with two teenagers, and we still enjoy spending time together, laughing and chatting.
In Him all things hold together.
  • We've been pastoring our church for 15 years, and are still loving it!
In Him all things hold together.
  • We have a beautiful home, and I've been able to be a stay-at-home mom all this time.
In Him all things hold together.


In Him all things hold together.

Lord, I thank you that you are God, you are before all things, and that in you all things hold together. You are our awesome Creator, and you make everything beautiful in its time. As a mom, I am always trying to hold everything together, and do things in my own strength. However, you are God and I am not, and I can look to you for strength, wisdom, and hope as I parent, be a wife, minister, and just live day by day. You, Lord, are the glue that holds my marriage together, and keeps my family united. You are my strength, when I am weak. You are my hope, when things feel hopeless. You are my light, when the days seem dark. You are God, and in you all things hold together...even me.

No comments: