Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday: God is Good!

Today’s verse: “Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.” Isaiah 12:4

I love God Sightings! Each Thursday at our Women’s Bible Study we take turns sharing the ways we’ve seen God’s presence in our lives through the week. This week I have many to share!
  • The kids had a great Bible Quiz meet at Twin Rocks Friends Camp on the Oregon coast. AND Kyle quizzed out three times! God is good.
  • The beautiful snow came after the kids arrived home from their trip, and just in time for someone to give our family new snow tires for Christmas. God is good.
  • Precious family moments around the dinner table…laughter included. God is good.
  • God is changing women’s lives in our Women’s Bible Study as we go through “Me, Myself, and Lies” by Jennifer Rothschild. I especially love watching the women who have never been a part of a study like this before. God is good.
  • Time with friends for my birthday reminded me of how blessed I am. My friends encourage me, love me, and help me on my journey as wife, mother, and follower of Christ. God is good.
  • Ken gave a message at a local funeral home’s Christmas service for grieving families on Sunday. Afterward, he visited a woman who had recently lost her husband. The next day, we learned that she is a friend of someone who attends our church. Of the 200 people there, she happened to be the person he was most drawn to. Our friends have told her all about our church in hopes that she might visit. God is good.
  • Our Sunday night YIPPS (Youth Intercessory Prayer Partners) group is finding many answers to our prayers. I love gathering with these parents to pray for our youth, youth activities, and our youth workers. God is good.
So many things to give God thanks for! He is good…ALL THE TIME!

Lord, I want to make known among the nations what you have done in my life. I want to proclaim and exalt your name, giving thanks for the evidence of your presence in our lives. God you are good, and I give you praise. Thank you for being present and active in my life, and showing yourself faithful day after day. Thank you for loving us, providing for us, and enveloping us with your grace. You are even doing things in my children’s lives, and I am in awe of seeing you at work. I pray that their eyes will be opened and sensitive to seeing the ways you are blessing them. Lord, may their hearts cry out with a heart of thanksgiving, because you are God and you are good…all the time!

No comments: