Tuesday, December 15, 2009

If You Want to, Dear Jesus

Today's verse: "Master, if you want to, you can heal my body." Jesus reached out and touched him, saying, "I want to. Be clean." Then and there, all signs of the leprosy were gone. Matthew 8:2-3

I laughed when I read this verse today because it's the exact words I would say to Jesus. "If you want to, you can heal my body!" It's just wrong to not feel great during the holidays. My dear daughter is home sick today, my hubby is hanging onto a cough from Thanksgiving time, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat and headache. No, no, no. There is too much to do, too many places to be, and it's supposed to be the happiest season of the year. Colds and flu do not fit into the equation in any way. So, today I am praying that God heals each of our bodies.

And I can hear God's response..."I want to!"

Lord, if you want to, you can heal my body! And if you want, you can heal the bodies of my family too. I have a faith like the bleeding woman who just reached out and touched your cloak, and you healed her. Take away the aches and pains, heal the coughs, colds, and sore throats, dear Jesus. Our health is something I am always giving you thanks for. We are blessed to not be dealing with any huge life threatening issues, and I don't want to take that for granted, but today it feels like this has been a long cold season. Be our healer today, dear Jesus.

No comments: