Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Our Village

"One generation will commend your works to another;
 they will tell of your mighty acts." Psalm 145:4



Parenting is not a lone sport. When it is said that it takes a village to raise a child, I think I'd have to agree in a big way. I'm especially thankful for the other adults in my children's lives that are advocates for faith, and are helping lead them closer to Christ. They are many...Youth workers, Sunday school teachers, friends, and even family and grandparents.

I thought of honoring each of them by showing you their picture or listing their name, but the list became long, and I'd hate to miss someone. Even those who may not play big parts in their lives, can still have a tremendous impact on their spiritual walk, self-image, future career, who they date/marry, or their outlook on life. No pressure or anything!

The "village" is an important part of my kids lives.

My heart is full of thanks!

Lord, you have blessed our children's lives with so many special people, and you are using them in mighty ways. Each moment they spend with Alyssa and Kyle, is a moment where they have the opportunity to commend Your works, and tell of your mighty acts, helping draw them in to a personal relationship with you. Thank you for so many who radiate You living in their lives, and can't help but pass that passion onto our kids. I'm thankful for the time these people invest in so many lives, showing friendship, giving encouragement, lending a listening ear, and sharing wisdom...all helping develop our kids into adults who live for You. I'm thankful that I don't parent alone.  You have richly blessed our lives!

 

No comments: