Friday, October 5, 2012

Pray First!

“We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there's nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all."  --Oswald Chambers

Lord, I love you, for you hear my voice; and you hear my cry for mercy.  Because you turn your ear to me, I will call on you as long as I live.  Oh, how I long that the same will be true in Alyssa and Kyle's life as well.  I pray, dear Jesus, that they fall in love with speaking to you about their days, their cares and concerns, and their hopes and dreams.  I hope that they learn to recognize your still small voice, and hear your whisper in their ears.  Lord, you are Alyssa and Kyle's refuge and shelter, and an ever-present help in trouble.  May they find this to be an absolute truth and something to live by, as they come to you in prayer.  Thank you, Father, for talking to your children.
 

No comments: