Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pressing On

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14



Lord, there are a lot of hard things one has to face in life, and it's so easy to give up and give in.  I'm sure that there are many stresses, challenges, and fears that my children face, but I also know that with you they can do anything, face all obstacles, and stand strong.  Help them today, dear Jesus, to press on.  Help them to fix their eyes on the goal, and the Maker who makes all things possible.  In your strength, may Alyssa and Kyle rise to each occasion with hope, joy, and great expectation.  Today, may they hear your voice behind them saying, "this is the way".  Mark their responses, and their character, with perseverance, determination and tenacity, as they press on towards the goal for which you have called them.
 

No comments: