Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Choose Well

God's Word always says it best...

Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way: 



"I'll live in them, move into them;
   I'll be their God 
       and they'll be my people.
   So leave the corruption 
       and compromise;
   leave it for good," says God.
  "Don't link up with those 
      who will pollute you.
   I want you all for myself.
        I'll be a Father to you;
   you'll be sons and daughters 
       to me."
   The Word of the Master, God. 

(2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

One day, hopefully not in the very near future (ha!), our children will decide to marry.  I'm praying that God leads them to just the perfect spouse. 
 
I should re-phrase that.  I know God will lead Alyssa and Kyle to the spouse He has planned just for them,  I just pray that our kids pay attention to His leading.
Make the best decision, babies!  Follow Christ and His plan for your lives.  
 
And choose well!

Lord, be near Alyssa and Kyle as they begin the search for someone significant in their lives.  I pray that you make them really aware of your hopes and desires, and even expectations, for their future.  May your Holy Spirit nudge their hearts when they are tempted to become partners with someone who rejects you,  They are the temple where you live, and you are their God, and anyone who does not believe in you is a compromise and their relationship with you will suffer.  Make Alyssa and Kyle wise and sensitive to your plan, dear Jesus, and may they please you with every road they go down in the future.  Bring someone into their lives that will always draw them nearer to you, and help build their home and family on the one true foundation: You! 

 

No comments: