Monday, October 15, 2012

Something Worth Celebrating


Today is my 1,000th blog post.  Who knew when I started this journey on September 19, 2009 (you can read it here) that I'd still be here? 

1,000 daily prayers over the last 37 months.
The kids have gone from young teenagers, to one of them graduating
and going off to college.
We also went from having two bikes in the garage,
to two cars with licensed drivers.
Oh, and kids waking up to their own alarm clocks! (Yes, I prayed for that...more than once.)

I've prayed for fears,
friends,
and forgiveness.

And I've begged for God's hand in Alyssa and Kyle's
salvation,
school,
and their self image.

1,000 times over I've come to God and He has heard my prayer.
And today will be no different.

There have been times where I have questioned God's call on my life to do this "prayer-thing".
And there have been many times where I've wondered if it's worth it.
Sometimes it has felt like a "burden to bear",
And sometimes a lonely journey.
Through it all,
1,000 posts later,
I'm not sure if I've impacted anyone else,
but,
I am changed,
and I think my dear children have been changed too.

2009

2012

Oh Precious Lord, great is Your faithfulness.  You are faithful to hear my prayers, watch over our children, and change each of our lives as we come to you.  Thank you for your continued hand in growing up Alyssa and Kyle!  They are your children and I know you are ultimately their best parent, confidant and encourager.  Continue to move in and through their lives, bending them, stretching them, and calling them to your self.  I am holding onto your promises and know that I can continue coming to you with my doubts, worries and fears.  Thank you, dear Jesus, for being the most important part of our lives.  I love you, now and forevermore!

 

No comments: