Monday, October 22, 2012

Complain or Praise?

Why am I discouraged?
      Why is my heart so sad?
   I will put my hope in God!
      I will praise him again—
      my Savior and my God!
--Psalm 43:5

Even when my heart is torn I will praise (trust) You Lord
Even when I feel deserted I will praise You Lord
Even in my darkest valley I will praise You Lord
And when my world is shattered and it seems all hope is gone
Yet I will praise You Lord.           (Yet I Will Praise You) by Andy Parks

Complaining.
Complaining.
Complaining.

I'm good at it.  My kids are good at it.  
"School is boring."

"There's nothing good for lunch."

"He won't stop teasing me."

"She's mean."

"There's nothing to do."

"I don't like that teacher."

"I hate homework."
Sometimes the complaining seems petty and unnecessary.

I'm fairly sure that there will be bigger things in life to complain about.  Alyssa and Kyle may face a crisis that brings them to their knees, a dry spell that leaves them desperate and alone, or grief that threatens to overwhelm every corner of their hearts,  My prayer is that instead of complaining, or allowing those hard times to turn their heart to bitterness, they will fix their eyes on Jesus and still choose to praise Him in the storms.

Praising Him will sometimes be the harder thing to do...
but will always be the better thing to do.

Lord, you always deserve praise.  Help us to forever trust your character and plan for our lives.  I pray that when Alyssa and Kyle are sad or discouraged they still put their hope in you.  When life throws them for a loop, I pray that they will choose to give you praise.  May they trust in you with all their hearts, and lean not on their own understanding, choosing to always acknowledge your place in their lives. I pray that praise is forever on the lips of Alyssa and Kyle.  You alone are God, and you deserve all of our praise.

 

No comments: