Friday, July 22, 2011

Teenage Driver in the House

"For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you..." --Deuteronomy 23:14


We have a teenage driver in the house!  For a girl who did not want to drive, she sure is enjoying the opportunities to get behind the wheel and go here, there, and everywhere.  Of course, for a while she has to have an adult along side her in the passenger seat.

Oh the self control it takes to not grab the wheel, step on the brake pedal, or give instructions all along the way.

I've only screamed twice.

I think that's pretty good.

That was Wednesday.  Thursday was much better.  I wonder what today will hold.

We're a ways off before letting Lyss go off on her own, but still I'm praying for her good judgement, and God's protection to go ahead and behind her, everywhere she drives.

Maybe I'll give you a scream count later... (Pray for me!)

Lord, we've hit another milestone in our house, and are moving one step closer to Alyssa becoming an adult.  Thank you for continuing to be with her as she grows, learns, and experiences more and more freedom.  I pray, Lord, that you "move about in our camp" and be our mighty protector.  Each day, go ahead and behind Alyssa and Kyle in all that they do.  Lead them away from danger, help them to make wise choices, and keep them from harm.  You are Alyssa and Kyle's shelter, and in that I trust and rest.

No comments: