Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crazy Birds

"Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts."  Acts 2:46


 Every morning as the sun rises. and every evening as it turns dusk, we have a congregation of birds that meet up in the trees in our backyard.  They are the loudest bunch of birds I have ever heard.  As it woke me up yesterday morning, two things struck me...
  • They meet consistently.  Every morning and every night, without fail, they are faithful to come together.
  • They sound like they are happy to be together.
These crazy birds are a perfect example of things I pray my kids "leave the nest" knowing and living out.
  • Find a church home and be faithful to attend consistently.
  • Enjoy relationships with the other believers in your life.  Hang with your church family.  Have fun.  Work together doing amazing things.  Serve alongside on another.  Work through conflict.  Be encouragers.
As I hear the birds "sing sweetly in the trees", I will be reminded to pray.

Oh I love lifting my little birdies to the Lord! 

Lord, thank you for Alyssa and Kyle and for the precious treasure they are in my life.  I pray that they will always follow you, Father, and live their lives in communion with you and other believers who also love you.  Continuing to meet together with other believers will strengthen their faith, give them encouragement, and teach them some important lessons in life.  The church can be a vital part of their walk with you.  My soul sings "how great thou art!"  I love you, dear Jesus.

No comments: