Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Different Than the World

"All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse."  Proverbs 8:8


Foul language is everywhere.  Sadly, even in our Christian communities it's becoming more and more "acceptable" to let a swear word fly out of our mouths.  Maybe I'm "old school".  Or maybe I'm just old, but either way, I find myself saddened.  I want "us" to be different.

The words out of our mouths reflect our heart. and give testimony to Whom we live for.  What does the world think when our words resemble the trash in the world?

Better yet.  What does God think?

"One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend."  Proverbs  22:11

Lord, our God, you deserve all our honor and praise.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle's mouths always reflect you living in their lives.  I pray that they use their lips to give you honor and glory.  Make their spirits sensitive to curse words and using profanity, and always be persistent and conscious to speak as you desire them to speak.  Lord, may Alyssa and Kyle's speech always be filled with grace.


No comments: