Saturday, February 19, 2011

Today!

“For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.” Deuteronomy 30:16

Lyss and Kyle...Easter 1999

When I began this blog, I committed Saturdays to pray for my kids’ salvation… “Salvation Saturdays”. My greatest desire in this life is to know that my kids have fallen in love with Jesus and are living their lives for Him. So, I’m going to keep on praying that their childhood decisions for Christ remain steadfast all the days of their lives!

One of the most glorious parts of being in ministry, is watching people on their journey to finding God. I love it when we get to be a part of people’s lives when they start to ask questions about God, and are seeking the answers to whatever it is that their souls are crying out for. These precious people come in all ages, and from many different life experiences that have shaped their thinking about God, but all needing the one thing that will fill the nagging emptiness in their lives. Some have waited a long time to meet Jesus, and have lived a lot of their lives missing out on the hope Christ can offer. How tragic to miss out on so much living with Him, but how beautiful to watch their new life begin.

I pray that my children fall more in love with Jesus today, so that they can enjoy each and every day of their lives in the precious presence of the Lord. May they not waste one day running after things that won’t give them eternal happiness. Today is the day of salvation!


Lord, thank you for the precious prayers that my kids have prayed when they were younger, asking you into their hearts. I long that they stand firm in those decisions all the days of their lives. I pray for the continued salvation of my children. May they decide today to live their entire lives for you. May they love you Lord, and walk in your ways, and keep your commands, decrees and laws. I pray that you will bless my children, O Lord, as they live for you, and love you with their hearts, minds and souls. Thank you for hearing the prayer of this mother’s heart.

No comments: