Monday, February 21, 2011

No Spilled Paint

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy."  Psalm 126:2


Our weekend has been full...
The boys sitting on a boat fishing.
The girls painting. 
(Yes, I'm sure that it seems a bit unfair.  Of course, fishing in 30 degree weather doesn't sound so fun to me!  HA.)

Anyway, we're all tired.  Together the girls put in about 55 hours of painting, and another afternoon of putting things back to some sense of order.  The job became a bit bigger than any of us anticipated.  Painting the living room, led to painting the hallway, which lead to the next hallway, the dining room, and the kitchen.  The workers in the paint department at Lowes are beginning to recognize me when I walk in the door. 

The good news is that the house is slowly becoming more beautiful.  The bad news is that we have to pull out all the paint stuff today for a little more work.  One more little hall, and lots of little touch ups here and there. 

So, today, I'm praying for laughter and joy, despite being tired, cranky, and ready to be done painting.  With no school, and Grammy and Papa in town, there's great opportunity for special times together...

as long as we don't spill any paint!

Lord, I am so thankful for my family.  When grandparents and grand kids are in the same room, there is much laughter and tenderness to be found.  Thank you for grandparents who invest time and love in so many ways.  I pray that as we spend time together today, working and playing (because I'm hoping for some free time), our mouths are filled with laughter, and our tongues with songs of joy.  Lord, refresh us and give us strength, for today belongs to you!

No comments: