Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Helping Hands

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work."  Ecclesiastes 4:9'

This last week, I bit off a bigger task than I could chew on my own.  It was a job that I couldn't have done alone.  I greatly appreciated the extra hands of my mom and daughter.  We painted, painted and painted until we couldn't paint any more.  Besides painting, we laughed, shared rich conversation, and just enjoyed being together.  I'm thankful for those two women, and that together we accomplished something huge!

Our finished project... 





Lord, thank you for the people you have put in my life.  I am richly blessed. I thank you that two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work.  Together we worked hard this weekend and produced something beautiful.  In the process, it made a huge task more manageable because we each did a part.  Thank you for the gift of family, of help, and for the time we spent together.  I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know the joy of working together with others, the satisfaction of helping others, and the encouragement of being on the receiving end of added hands.  We are blessed, dear Jesus, when we don't have to stand alone in this life.  Thank you for being present with us, and giving us the added presence of others in our lives.  Today, my heart is full of gratitude and thanksgiving.

No comments: