Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Future Valentines

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."  Genesis 2:24



"Marriage is not a noun, it's a verb.  
It isn't something you get.  It's something you do.  
It's the way you love your partner every day." 
-- Barbara De Angelis

As we celebrated Valentines Day yesterday (and we did celebrate...PF Changs for lunch...yahoo!  Thank you, dear hubby), I was faced with the reality that my kids aren't too far from the days when they will be thinking about marriage, and finding their life mates.  Soon Valentine's Day will be a day worth celebrating, because they will have someone to celebrate with.  I'm praying for them to find the mate God has planned just for them, and that they choose to work hard throughout their lifetime to love their spouse deeply.  I long for them to live in deep happiness, and in marriages that are strong, healthy, and committed for the long haul.  One day, I hope they will be celebrating a marriage that has lasted 20 years or more!
 

Lord, you have blessed my life richly with a wonderful husband and a marriage that brings me much happiness.  You knew the man who would be perfect for me, and you brought us together in beautiful fashion.  Sure, we have struggles and ups and downs, but you are always there pushing us to be better, to look to you for guidance, and lean on you for understanding.  Lord, I pray that my children find the mates that you have designed perfectly for them.  Mates that will love them deeply, be willing to work through the hard things, always be faithful, and live their lives devoted to you.  I pray that my kids have marriages that are full of love, happiness, peace, contentment, and respect.  Begin preparing them, and their future spouses, for a beautiful adventure, with you by their side. 

No comments: