Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday: His Marvelous Deeds

Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
   proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
   his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
   he is to be feared above all gods. 
--Psalm 96:1-4



Thanking God today for...
  • Reminders that our kids are mighty fine, and God is answering our prayers.
  • Daughter not needing a "cussing jar", but still choosing to challenge herself with a"whining jar". (Payments have to be made each time she whines.)
  • Son having good christian friends to hang out with during the Superbowl. (Though I missed him hanging with us!)
  • Dinner and cards with friends...and a ton of treats to take home to the kids.
  • Daughter's friend who drives her all over the place, including her college classes.  
  • Daughter's statement that she likes her parents.
  • Son's diligence and hard work on his huge amount of homework.  As well as keeping up with basketball 5 days a week, and baseball practices on top of that.
  • A hubby who cleans bathrooms, folds laundry, and doesn't leave me with all the dinner dishes....even after a long day at work.
My list of God's marvelous deeds in my life can go on and on.  I'm so thankful that He lives in me, and is a huge part of my life.  He is most worthy of my praise!


Lord, I sing praises to your name.  Thank you for the marvelous deeds you have done in my life this week.  They are too numerous to count.  You are alive and active in my family's life, and I'm in awe of what you're doing and how you are blessing.  Keep my eyes open to wondrous things you are doing.  This is the day you have made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: