Friday, May 7, 2010

Facebook Praise

"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."  Psalm 40:5

I loved seeing this on my daughter's Facebook status yesterday...


And this...


Not only did I love seeing that my daughter truly recognizes God's love for her, and that He blesses her with wonderful things, but she was also willing to share that with 360 of her "closest" friends.  Some of those friends may not even know Christ in a personal way, but they got to see an inside picture of His love and blessing in someone else's life.  She was not ashamed to give credit, honor, and praise, where praise was due! 

I pray that my children's eyes are always open to the many ways God is trying to get their attention, and remind them of His love for them.  For some it may be a rain shower, for others it may finding the perfect parking spot, but He wants to speak to each one of us individually and intentionally.  What an amazing thing to ponder and hold onto. 

Oh how He loves you and me!
Let's shout it for the whole world to hear!

Lord, I pray that we become people who continually offer to you a sacrifice of praise, so that the whole world will know you in a personal and precious way.  May our praise always be on the forefront of our minds, and on the tip of our tongues.  Open our children's eyes, dear Jesus, that they may see all the wondrous ways you show them your love.  Help them to recognize the blessings you shower them with, and the treasures you place in their lives as a reminder that they are your children.  In turn, may they always be faithful to declare your praise, and give you thanks.  God you are so good, and I can hardly comprehend your abundant blessing in our lives.  Thank you for the blessing of rain, in my daughter's life.  Lord, you give good gifts, and I give you praise.

No comments: