Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Hints of Love


"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, 
God lives in us and his love 
is made complete in us."  1 John 4:12

This is a picture I received as a text last weekend when Kyle was out of town at a baseball tournament.  He admits that he was made to hold this sign and get his picture taken, but it made my day anyway.  I'll take whatever love I can get.  

Oh, I'm praying it never stops!

Lord, thank you for the little reminders of love and thanksgiving I see in my children.  I know that there are days when I wonder and wait expectantly.  Others tell me that as they become adults love will flow from their lips more readily.  In the meantime I'll accept the little hints of love I get now.  As they continue to grow through their teenage years, I pray that you protect our relationships.  There will be days when I'm sure we won't like each other very much, and even use words we will later regret, but I pray that we will always love one another.  Keep our hearts open, accepting little signs of love, and give forgiveness and understanding abundantly. 

I pray that our children always know how much they are loved by their mother and father.  Even in the moments where we have to lay down the rules, hold to our boundaries, and make choices that they don't necessarily like, may they know we have their best interest in mind.  Lord, teach me to love our children the way that they need to be loved, and in ways that build them up and not tear them down.  Prompt me to not squish them with my claims of love, but to love as they need, gently reminding them that I am always here and will love them no matter what.  

Lord, may we always love one another.

1 comment:

Gina Lynnes said...

Tresa, I stumbled onto your blog today and was delighted with what I found. As a mom, an author and minister myself, I always enjoy finding kindred spirits! I've co-written some books on the topics you address in your blog and I'm always on the alert for good bloggers who might be interested in reading them and spreading the word. I'll be happy to send you complimentary copies if you are interested. You can check the books out first, if you like either on Amazon.com or my personal blog www.livingitblog.com. Blessings! Gina Lynnes