Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Joy of Salvation

Surely God is my salvation; 
I will trust and not be afraid. 
The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; 
he has become my salvation.
With joy you will draw water 
from the wells of salvation.--Isaiah 12:2-3

Alyssa & Kyle...Easter morning 1999

Lord, I pray that my kids find the joy of your salvation, and that they live in the abundant life you have in store for them.  Your salvation is a precious gift for every one of your children, and you long for each one of them to call on your name in true belief.  I pray that our children come to a place where they truly understand their need for you, dear Jesus, and fall in their knees in awe, reverence and worship, and speak from their mouth that you are Lord.  Keep their hearts from ever turning from you, block their minds from doubt and mistrust, and protect their mouths from speaking against your name.  Lord, create in Alyssa and Kyle a clean heart, and renew in them the joy of your salvation.  For you, O God, are their salvation!

No comments: