Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nothing Too Big

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."  --1 Timothy 1:15-17


My Beautiful Children,
Please know this: there is nothing that can separate you from the love of God.  No sin is too big to cause His forgiveness to be unavailable to you. Whatever you do, or say, can be wiped away in an instant from His memory, if you just say "I'm sorry.  Please forgive me."  We are all human, and we will make mistakes.  What is important is that we recognize those moments, sense the need to change, repent, and then accept God's tender forgiveness and love.  He is going to "display his unlimited patience" with you, this I know.  Don't live in guilt and self-condemnation, but choose life, peace, and new beginnings when you believe in Him and receive His eternal life.  Oh God is so forgiving, so accepting, and so in love with you!

With the help of Christ, I promise to do my best to not let anything you say or do, separate us from one another.  I pray that you always sense love, forgiveness and acceptance from your parents, no matter what mistakes you make along the way in life.  It may not come as easily to us, as it would Christ, but never forget that we will love you no matter what.  I commit to trying to be the best listener, not being judgmental, and keeping any anger or disappointment in check.  I hope that we can be a safe place for you to come for help and understanding even when you make mistakes, have fears, or don't know where to turn. 

I pray that you know that you are deeply loved...by God, and by your parents. Also know that the eternal life He offers you if you believe, will be the greatest gift you will ever receive in life.  Believe in Him.  Put your hope in Him. Accept His gift, and look forward to a life spent in His sweet presence.  There is no greater thing in life.

I love you, Alyssa and Kyle.
Forever and Always,
Mom

No comments: