Monday, May 10, 2010

"I Believe"


I ran across this poem yesterday that Kyle wrote for school last year, and just had to share it today.




Lord, you are my children's firm foundation, and I pray that they always believe in you.  I pray that they believe that you are the one true God, the creator of the universe, and their only Savior.  Protect their hearts and minds from all false teachings, always holding to the truth found in your Word.  I pray that their lives are touched by passionate teachers who lead them to your truth in life changing ways, helping them to connect and understand in ways that move them to draw closer to you.  Open their eyes that they can see the real you, and the real truth of your Word.  Open their hearts, so that they are moved to follow you wherever you lead them, and so that they become more like you.  Infect their lives with you, dear Jesus, so that they reflect you all the days of their lives.  I entrust our children to your care, Lord, and pray that they believe you all the days of their lives!

No comments: