Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday: While a Workin' Mom

"For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess."  Deuteronomy 30:16

Over the last two weeks, this stay-at-home mom, took a temporary full-time job.  It was a new experience for our family, since I've had the privilege of not having to work outside the home since before Lyssa was born sixteen years ago.  I have to admit that it was harder than I thought it would be, but I found God faithful in many ways.  So, today, I want to give Him thanks.

 I even made the evening news!  Lyssa took a picture of the t.v. screen.
  • Thank you, Lord, for a husband who picked up much of the slack.
  • Thank you, Lord, for a friend that helped transport kids from school.
  • Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to meet a new Christian friend at this job who was a blessing.
  • Thank you, Lord, for the extra income.
  • Thank you, Lord, for my daughter sharing with me that she likes it better when I'm at home when she gets out of school.   That made my day!
God you are so good, and I give you thanks for showing yourself to me in so many ways.  I know that wherever you call me, if I'm willing to obey, you will provide for me in abundant ways.  Thank you, Lord, for the many ways I've seen your sweet presence and provision.  

No comments: