Saturday, October 3, 2009

Choose Christ

Today’s Verse: “If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian
any more than going to the garage makes you a car
--Laurence J. Peter

Salvation is my greatest prayer for my children. Just because they have grown up in the church, or have parents who are pastors, it doesn’t guarantee that they will choose to believe in Him. One day they will have to choose for themselves whom they will serve.

And I pray that they choose Christ!

Lord, hear my heart! I pray that Alyssa and Kyle believe in you all the days of their lives. May the seeds that have been planted in their hearts and minds, by their parents, Sunday school teachers over the years, or their youth workers and friends, germinate into a lifelong love for you! I pray that the message of your Word becomes real to them, and they believe with all their heart that You the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. May they believe you are the Creator, the Forgiver of sins, and the Light of the world! Lord, may they look to you as their Savior! This is my greatest desire, and I'm sure your greatest desire as well. I entrust them to your care today!

No comments: