Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thank you, Lord, for Grandparents!

Today’s verse: “But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children.” Psalm 103:17

Mexico 2009

Our household has been busy this last week, but it gives me many things to list on this “Thankful Thursday”. The biggest one being grandparents! My parents came for a visit this week so that they could cheer on Kyle in his baseball game, and root for Alyssa in her volleyball games. Not only do I love having some special time with my parents, but it gives me great thrill to watch them with my kids. Love shines on their faces. What a blessing for sure!

So today I’m celebrating my kids grandparents and list just a few things I want to give God thanks for today…
  • Laughter abounds when Grammy & Papa are around! Stories, jokes, and pestering beyond belief. Playing together is one thing my kids will remember most.
  • God shines in their lives and provides a good example of a beautiful faith in Christ.
  • Encouragement and guidance flow from their mouths.
  • Every birthday they travel from afar to celebrate their big day.
  • Grammy’s story times will be richly remembered and are a part of passing on her faith.
  • Being prayer warriors on my kid’s behalf will reap the greatest rewards.
  • Their unconditional love is a precious gift.
Lord, what a gift you have given my children through their grandparents! I see you shining in their life, in the things they say and do, and the way they love my kids, and am so thankful for the example of faith they are. I pray that my kids follow in their grandparent’s footsteps every day of their lives. Thank you for grandparents who pray for their grandkids, and want to invest time in getting to know them, laugh with them, and love them. What a rich heritage my children are blessed with…a heritage of faith. I pray that their relationship together will always be one blessed with joy, laughter, encouragement, guidance, love, and forgiveness if it is ever needed. Lord, thank you, for the blessing of such special grandparents!

No comments: