Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today’s Verse:Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.” Psalm 100:4

Mexico, June 2009

I’m stealing this idea from my sister’s blog. I hope she doesn’t mind. I wonder if there is some need to ask her for copyright permission? Or is a big “I love you, Kip” enough to cover the sin? Praying so.

I have much to be thankful for, and want to be faithful to give God credit and thanks, where credit and thanks is due. In turn, I pray that my children learn to have hearts marked by thanksgiving. We live abundant lives and are rich in so many ways. So, here are just a few things I’m thankful for today…

  • Our family had some precious times together this summer as the church gave us a 12-week sabbatical.
  • That my kids thoroughly missed being at our church while we were away. They love their church home, the friends that they find there.
  • My hardworking husband who takes care of his family, loves God, and loves his church.
  • My daughter’s humor.
  • My son’s tenderness.
  • Our health--even though one of my kiddos is kind of ill at the moment.

God has truly blessed my family, and I want to rejoice and give Him thanks.

Precious Father, thank you for my family. Thank you for my husband who lives His life for you, and in turn provides for his family in so many ways. Thank you for my daughter who makes me laugh when she says something funny. I am in awe of her giftedness in so many ways…memorizing quickly, taking beautiful pictures, spiking a volleyball, and standing for her beliefs. Thank you for my son, and his passion for life and for God. I love the abilities you gave him to play ball, his funny sense of humor, and his easy-laid back personality. You have fearfully and wonderfully made my children and I give you thanks for them. You have a plan for their future, and love them deeper than I can imagine. Lord, thank you, for the precious gift my family is, and we choose today to serve you!

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's not original with me. Loving your blog. Makes me hungry to get back at mine. Love ya!!

Tresa said...

I miss yours too! I feel like I miss out on knowing what is going on in your life. So, hup-too. ;) Love you...hope you have a great time retreat this weekend!