Sunday, October 4, 2009

God our Healer

Today’s Verse: “Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.” Psalm 103:1-5

Our household is fighting the sickies this week. And our church had many missing members on this Sabbath day, due to all the illness that has descended in our neck of the woods. Everyone you talk to seems to have someone in their family that is at home and in bed.

Despite this sickness we are hanging on to, I’m reminded and so thankful that my children were born healthy. I’m also thankful that they have never had any life-threatening issues that we’ve had to deal with. Allergies, colds, ear infection, have been our biggest foes. So much we need to give God thanks for!

We have a God who heals. He “heals the brokenhearted” and “heals all your diseases”. He longs for us to be whole and healthy, spiritually, emotionally and physically in every way. I pray for this physically healing over my kids today. I pray for the sniffles and coughs to go away, and for energy and strength to replace their weary bodies. But I also pray that God heals them in their “inner beings” (Ephesians 3:16), and that they continue to have healthy minds, strong spirits, and right emotions.

God be our healer today!…especially since this mom hopes her kids go to school tomorrow!

Lord, we are tired and weary. Our bodies are weak and need your healing. I pray that you touch us today and mend our achy bones, heal our persistent coughs, and make us strong and healthy for a new week to begin. Thank you that you are a God who doesn’t withhold your mercy and grace, but you desire to lavish it on your children. Lord, may we see the evidence of your work in our lives. We love you and praise you today! Thank you for being our healer, and our God!

No comments: