Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love My Man!

Today’s verse: “Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” Ephesians 5:33

Yesterday, my hubby came home, and handed me a brand new book written by my favorite author. How sweet is that? I felt truly loved.

My dear man is a romantic at heart, and is very thoughtful to show his love for me in so many ways! God has blessed me! Sometimes I take that for granted, and forget to give God thanks enough.

My hubby shows me love when…
  • He kisses me good-bye in the morning.
  • He brings home my favorite coffee drink.
  • He takes the time to call me on the phone during his busy day.
  • He schedules date time on a regular basis.
  • He empties the dishwasher, switches the laundry loads, or makes the bed, when he sees that it needs to be done.
  • He helps with the dishes after dinner.
  • He wraps his arms around me and gives me a hug.
  • He listens to my feelings and tries to understand.
  • He works hard to provide for his family, and takes care of the bills.
  • He watches chick-flicks with me…and buys my favorite movie treat!
  • He opens my door before I get into the car.
  • He is my amazing fix-it man, and nothing is left undone for long in our home.
  • He spends important dad-time with the kids.

Oh, the list can go on and on. My man shows me love in so many ways, and shows it every day. I am a blessed woman.

I am reminded today to pray that my son will be like his dad when he grows up, and that he will be a true blessing to his wife and children someday. I pray that he is not only respectful and kind to his wife, but that he will show her his love in special ways that speaks to her heart. I pray that his marriage will be one centered on God, and radiates His presence in their lives.

Some of the things that show love won’t necessarily come naturally to Kyle, but he has a tremendous example in his father. I pray that his eyes are watching closely!

Lord, I’m so thankful for my dear man, and know that you chose him just for me. Thank you for the many ways he shows me love on a daily basis. Please forgive me for the times I forget to be thankful. Thank you for his generous spirit, his work hard attitude, and even his intention to be romantic. I am truly blessed. I pray, Lord, that Kyle will follow in his father’s footsteps, and be a good boyfriend, husband, and father. I pray that he respects and loves the woman you bring into his life. May his desire be to work hard to provide for his family in a job that he loves. When he has a wife, may he keep the romance alive, and work hard to show her love on a daily basis, never giving up on her when times get hard. I pray that he strives to be the man you have made him to be, and that you shine in him through all he says and does. Marriage is hard work, but it is also a gift. I pray that Kyle finds the gift you have for him in having a beautiful marriage.

No comments: