Monday, April 15, 2013

Two Days, Five Potlucks

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25


In the last two days, I have attended FIVE potlucks/dinners...
A women's missionary luncheon,
A wedding reception get-together.
A baseball fundraising dinner,
A Sunday afternoon potluck and business meeting,
and a 80th birthday celebration for two dear friends!

We have not failed to meet together with friends this weekend, let me tell you.  However, the diet on the other hand, was a complete failure!

Though I come through the weekend a bit on the "dazed and confused" side of things, I have this sense of gratefulness and love for the people in my life.  Such a variety of friends, encouragers, and sojourners who enrich me!  There's just something about knowing I'm not walking alone!

It reminds me to pray for those who enter Alyssa and Kyle's lives as teachers, mentors, friends, and co-laborers of Christ.  These people will remind them that they are not alone, they are loved, and that there are places to turn when life gets hard. 

Life is just more blessed when it's touched by the smile, kind words, and encouragement from another.

Lord, thank you for the blessing that I find from the people you have put in my life!  I revel in the variety from age, personality, passions, and purposes, but each are vital to my growth in you and finding joy day by day.  Please, precious Savior, but special people in Alyssa and Kyle's lives too.  Provide friends who encourage them, give them individuals to touch their hearts, and fill their days with those who strengthen their faith.  Today, if the day seems hard, I pray Alyssa and Kyle find a smile.  And if the day seems lonely, I pray that they find a friend.  Father, teach Alyssa and Kyle to live in community with other believers and find great joy from the presence of those you have placed in their lives.


 

No comments: