Monday, April 8, 2013

Stepping Up to the Plate

Thanks to my dear hubby who wrote today's blog/prayer!  You're the best, sweetheart!

Kyle batting! (April 2013)
 
Yesterday morning I (Ken) volunteered to help with our monthly “sermon in a sack."  This is a children’s object lesson during the morning worship service.  The twist is…the speaker does not know in advance what the object is.   Fortunately, I had a quick idea once the object was taken out of the sack – a softball.  I encouraged our kids to know that just because we may have struck out last time at the plate, we can still come up to bat with a fresh new start and opportunity.  God’s grace is always available to give us a new at bat as we are willing to ask Him for fresh wind and fire.

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will help Lyssa and Kyle today to never grow tired of doing good.  When they are faced with discouraging circumstances, I ask you would give them a fresh perspective, new strength and a faith to move forward with courage and grace.  I pray today you will help Lyssa and Kyle to wait upon the Lord.  Please help them today to run and not grow weary and to walk and not be faint.  Let them find their strength in You.

 

No comments: