Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break is Over

"Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."  Daniel 10:12


Spring break has come to a close.  I don't know who is more sad, my kids or myself.  It's been a great week of hanging together and taking life a little bit slower.  Kyle's done a little fishing (picture above from Easter afternoon), we've slept in a little, went to a movie, U-Swirl (frozen yogurt), and watched a few baseball games.  It's been a pretty good week, I must say.

But school starts back tomorrow.  Lyssa has one more month of college and Kyle two more months of his sophomore year.  My prayer is that as they head back to "work" they will set their minds to gain understanding in all their learning.  It's easy to let spring take hold of our minds and we start going slack in our efforts.  It will take discipline and determination!  Go, kids, go!

Alyssa and Kyle, I pray that you go back to school and finish this year well!

Lord, you have blessed us with a week of rest and time together.  My heart is full of thanksgiving.  Today, my kids go back to the work of learning.  Be with them in their comings and goings, precious Savior.  Help Alyssa and Kyle set their mind to gain understanding as they enter the classroom.  Give them the courage and ambition to work hard, do well, and learn all that they can in the coming weeks.  Learning is a gift from you and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle find great joy from gaining wisdom!  Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer!

 

No comments: