Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday!

"For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones."

  Proverbs 2:6-8

He holds our successes and I'm giving Him thanks!
  • Women's retreat last weekend was a great delight.  I saw lives changed, friendships made, worship delighted in, His Word spoken in powerful ways, and a group of women love hanging out together.  God was present and the weekend was a success!
  • Lyss is preparing projects and getting ready for a week or two of finals.  I revel in hearing how she is working ahead and loving the things is learning and experiencing in college.  Our girl has had a successful freshman year!
Lyssa's art project (2013)
  • I got a cute text from Kyle yesterday that said "I got a 270 on my ISAT!"  The crazy mom I am, I had to ask if that was good or REALLY good?!  He wrote back, "Average is 230.  In my class, people usually get 259."  He's pretty good at math, man!  So proud! 


 Kyle playing third base (04/22/13)

Each success is a gift from Him! 

Lord, thank you for the gifts you've given us this week.  What a delight it is to see your hand of blessing.  From your mouth comes knowledge and understanding.  You hold success in store for the upright, and are a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for you guard the course of the just and protect the way of your faithful ones.  Thank you, precious Savior, for the successes you have given Alyssa and Kyle this week, and the successes you'll continue to give them.  All good and perfect gifts are from you!


 

No comments: