Monday, April 29, 2013

Ready or Not It's Happening

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”  Genesis 2:18

Both my kids are dating. (Deep breath)


If there is anything that brings a mother to her knees in prayer more it's that!  There was nothing that prepared me for the first time I caught my kids holding hands with (much less kissing) someone of the opposite sex.

I'm thinking that it's about time I get used to the fact...

Kyle and his girlfriend heading to prom (April 2013)

Cause ready or not, it's happening!

I soooooo want Alyssa and Kyle to find the partners God has planned just for them.  I have my own set of "requirements" and hopes, and so does God, but ultimately my kids will be be the ones making the decision.  My prayer is that Alyssa and Kyle seek Him first, and then find the mate suitable for them because they've sensed His leading, guiding, and approval.

To me, this is a BIG deal.  But not too big a deal for God. 
Therefore, for now, I'll just fall on my knees and pray!

Lord, I know that you've intentionally made man and woman to need someone, and to not live alone.  I also know that you've made a suitable helper for both Alyssa and Kyle.  Today, I am praying with a begging heart, that my dear children choose to seek the partner you have planned perfectly for them.  Help them to be patient in the seeking, picky in the choosing, and firm in their hopes and dreams.  I also plead that Alyssa and Kyle find a friend and spouse who loves them deeply, lives for you Lord, and brings great joy in their lives.  I pray that even now they are diligently praying to you about their future marriages and spouses.  Oh, I know that you have a perfect plan for Alyssa and Kyle's lives and look forward to watching it all unfold.  Thank you, precious Savior.

 

No comments: