Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday!

"It was not by their sword that they won the land,
    nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
    and the light of your face, for you loved them."

Psalm 44:3 

It is by Christ's right hand, and because of His love, that I live such a blessed life and can see His treasures through my week.  He is a faithful and good God and I just delight in His work in my family's life. It is not by my own efforts that Alyssa and Kyle are in a good place...it's all because of God!  

This week I give God thanks for:
  • Kyle's sportsmanship in a tough game situation.   We haven't won a game this week, with several games in extra innings because we were tied.  Still my boy had a smile on his face.
  • Lyss is working hard in school and was struggling with a class a few weeks ago.  With hard work and diligence she's got her grade up.  
  • Kyle is disciplined to come home after a game (sometimes as late as 10 pm) and get straight to work on his homework, never needing to be pushed and prodded.  This Sunday he even worked on some homework that wasn't due until today.  I love that!
  • Lyssa's art project made my day (picture below).  She named it "God met me here".
  •  One more Lyss story...check out this picture below and what she wrote about it.  I love that her first instinct was to always think that her DVD player was saying "LORD"! 
 "I've been wondering my entire literate life why things always said LORD 
or L or D like I had a choice. It says load, everybody. LOAD. My life just changed."
God is at work in our children's lives and I give Him praise!

Other things I'm thanking Him for this week...
  • Purple tulips from my friend.
  • A prayer email from another friend.
  • A date with my hubby.
  • Beautiful spring weather.
  • A special prayer time on Sunday for the kids of our church.
 He loves us so!

Lord, it is not by my might that my life is blessed or that my children are won for the You, nor does my arm bring us victory.  It is your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you love us.  Thank you, precious Savior!  I am blessed!
 
 

No comments: