Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How Long, Lord?

"How long, Lord ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"  Psalm 13:1-2








How long, Lord?  How long?

Sometimes prayer is hard because we get tired of waiting for God's answer.

How long, Lord?  How long?

It's said that "God is never early, and never late."

How long, Lord?  How long?

Still He asks us to pray without ceasing.

How long, Lord?  How long?

And promises that if we ask Him, He will answer.

How long, Lord?  How long?

I'm pretty sure He's not afraid of us asking "how long?" because we're still asking, seeking, and coming to Him.

How long, Lord?  How long?

Lord, teach Alyssa and Kyle to pray, and teach them to pray without ceasing.  When they wonder and doubt that you hear them, and are waiting for you to answer, may they not be afraid to ask "how long, Jesus?" May Alyssa and Kyle wrestle through life's issues with prayer, knowing and trusting that you will hear them and answer their call to you.  Prayer can be a sweet relationship builder as they come to you.  May they fall in love with dear conversation with their Lord and Savior.

 

No comments: