Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Teenage Daughter

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."  3 John 1:4

When I heard this song for the first time I just had to laugh!  Oh the joy of teenage daughters! Some of the "moments" in this video made me smile in a big way.  They are so close to my reality at the moment (except the part about needing a drink!).  I especially love the clips of driving with a teenager, and how the mom covers her eyes with her hands.  It gave me quite a chuckle!



It just reminds me to pray for my teenage daughter!

Lord, I thank you for our precious daughter Alyssa.  I know these teenage years can be hard ones.  Life can be full of peer pressure, scholastic stress, friend troubles, and decisions to make for the future.  I pray that you are Alyssa's strength, so that in you she can do all things.  When she's faced with anxieties and fears, may she turn to you, and lay all of those burdens at your feet, because she knows you care for her.  Holy Spirit, help her to make good choices, stand firm in her faith, and reflect you in all that she says and does.  Lead Alyssa by ways she has not known, along unfamiliar paths guide her; and turn any darkness into light and make the rough places smooth.  Lord, watch over our "little girl" as she grows into the woman you want her to be, and may her heart always be like yours.

No comments: