Friday, August 26, 2011

Ripstick Remodel

"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."  Romans 5:3-4

Kyle is our persistent child.  I love that quality in him because so often I feel that my inability to be persevering, persistence, and tenacious is my greatest flaw.

This week, since he is still on summer break and needed something to do to keep him from boredom,  he took on the challenge of painting his Ripstick (below is what his Ripstick originally looked like).


All I could think about was how hard it would be to paint around all the little black flame looking things.

Oh mom, you are such a "girl".

Next think I knew Kyle had his board taken apart, and left for easy painting, was the red parts.  Easy-peasy.

He then set to work.  After the first try of painting, he had a little smudge, so he started over from scratch.  And after the second try he had a few different weird spots and needed to figure out another way around finishing his paint job to perfection.

And he did!

 
 My picture isn't that great, but I gave up.

Just teasing...I tried again.


I have to admit was I was impressed by his persistence.  And to show for it, he has a great looking, personalized Ripstick!

Way to go, son!

Lord, help Alyssa and Kyle to rejoice in their sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  I pray that they always choose to persist in the tasks required of them, always pressing on towards the goal.  When they struggle may they look to you for wisdom and guidance, always trusting that with you all things are possible.  I know that Alyssa and Kyle can do all things with your strength. 



No comments: